Template matching with video input

Not sure how to check for “Cores worth of CPU time” but CPU usage is averaging 13%, which for now is not really an issue.

By “real-time” I mean if the video input is 1hr long, it will take a little over an hour to complete the operation. In my use case that is less than ideal. Is there any way I can speed that up? (The video input is 1080p60)

aha!

imshow/waitKey might be “slowing” things down. it may be using vsync, so it’s locked to the screen’s refresh rate, which is often 60 Hz.

that, coincidentally, would pace playback to look approximately realtime. if the video were 30 fps, it’d probably play at 2x.

try decoding the video but not using any imshow/waitkey. print an increasing count for every frame if you want to.

there are attributes you can set that disable vsync of an imshow window, if it uses OpenGL. call namedWindow with OPENGL flag to create the window initially, then set WND_PROP_VSYNC to 0.

so in my code the “imshow” action was commented out, fully removed it now and also removed the “waitKey” function at end. This made no noticeable difference for the time it took to complete the operation.