Compiling from source, only need python3 libraries

Hi,

I am using openCV to access a camera stream in python3 on a Beaglebone Black. The system runs on an IOT version of the debian firmware since I try to save space.

I only need a very limited functionality, and only in Python3.

I came to the following list of compilation flags as a minimal compilation:

cmake -DBUILD_TESTS=OFF -DBUILD_PERF_TESTS=OFF -DBUILD_EXAMPLES=OFF -DBUILD_opencv_apps=OFF -WITH_OPENCL=OFF -WITH_IMGCODEC_SUNRASTER=OFF -WITH_IMGCODEC_PXM=OFF -WITH_IMGCODEC_PFM=OFF -WITH_1394=OFF -WITH_ANDROID_MEDIANDK=OFF -WITH_GTK=OFF -WITH_QT=OFF -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/hypermaq/OpenCV_build -DBUILD_JAVA=OFF -DENABLE_PRECOMPILED_HEADERS=OFF -DBUILD_opencv_dnn=OFF -DBUILD_opencv_python2=ON -DBUILD_opencv_python3=ON

The compilation fails (I’ll still need to look in to this, I’m compiling on the BBB itself which takes ages. At a later stage I’ll figure out how to cross compile on my linux machine), but I first want to make sure that this will give me what I need.

After I make, how do I install the python3 libraries?

make install

will copy your cv2.so to the resp. site-packages folder

i’d add -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF to the cmake flags to achieve a statically linked python module. (else you need to keep all other opencv_xxx.so’s around, and have to run ldconfig on your (custom!) install folder

just show us