Cross compile opencv using arm-none-eabi ARM toolchain

Hi,

Is it possible to cross compile Opencv using arm-none-eabi toolchain?
I have tried to export the toolchain environment & build opencv , but after build i can see all the dynamic libraries are still of x86 variant.

Any suggestion?

I think the best solution would be to compile OpenCV on the target machine, without cross-compiling.
Current ARM processors can do this quite fast (maybe 2-3 hours), definitely faster than trying to troubleshoot a cross-compilation toolchain.
The procedure is the same as for building on Linux.

Hi Kbrani,

Thanks for replying.
But in my case “arm-none-eabi” toolchain is for non-os based platform. Suppose its an Cortex-M series board. So, we cant copy the whole source code & compile it there.

Thats why i was opting to cross compile it. But not sure why it still shows libraries & binaries are off x86 variant.

Thanks !!

you haven’t shown what exactly you do. how do you expect anyone to help you?

But in my case “arm-none-eabi” toolchain is for non-os based platform. Suppose its an Cortex-M series board. So, we cant copy the whole source code & compile it there.

No, you cannot install OpenCV on a microcontroller.
Here you can find the required dependencies - and you cannot have them on a non-os based platform. Anyway, your board will probably lack the memory/storage resources for OpenCV.

If you want to do image processing on a microcontroller, you have to choose a specialized image processing microcontroller (generally they are coupled with cameras) like the OAK camera, OpenMV etc. They are good for standard machine vision tasks, but they are limited for specialized algorithms.