Getting Started

Hello everyone,
I am a beginner to open source domain and would really like to get started in this field and contribute my share .
I am proficient in C++ and also worked in web development domain.
My first time with OpenCV community and it will be amazing if anyone would guide me to get started right away and work alongside the community.
Thank you

welcome, for a start, you could hang out here, and try to be helpful ;]

1 Like

I followed several tutorials starting with CodeBlocks on Raspberry pi 4. The I installed opencv4 on the rPi 4. I kept at it until I could compile the “hello world” on the headless pi. Finally I installed opencv4 on iMac and got detoured because there is some problem with CodeBlocks due to apple restrictions and security policy. I ended up abandoning CodeBlocks on iMac. Xcode seems very daunting, but I must try to move on and learn more. Maybe you will have better luck than I did.

1 Like

If you are proficient in C++, in my opinion you should simultaneously read/practice the OpenCV tutorials (in C++, in Python) and read a good computer vision course (for instance 16-385 Computer Vision, Spring 2019, CMU).

It is really important to not only just execute the tutorial code but play with the code to understand what it does.