Head rotation from local to world coordinates

I am using WHENet to estimate head pose of an individual filmed by two cameras. The model gives me roll, pitch and yaw relative to each camera. Roll, pitch and yaw equal 0 when the indidual faces exactly the camera. My camera are calibrated (both intrinsically and extrinsically) and I know their position in world coordinates. I want to convert the Euler angles (roll, pitch, yaw) given by the model from local (each camera) coordinates to world coordinates using OpenCV in Python. This would allow me for example to get the 3D position of a point 20 cm behind the person filmed.

I tried to use the following function “eulerAnglesToExtRef” to convert the angles, without succcess. When I try to display the angles obtained with the function “draw_euler_axes”, I get results far from the ones featured in the model (I would in particular expect the z-axis to be displayed as the antero-posterior axis). How can I convert the local rotations to global rotations and use them to display axes properly?

def eulerAnglesToExtRef(eulerAngles, T, initMat=np.array([[1, 0, 0],[0, -1, 0],[0, 0, -1]])):
        R_camera_external = T[:3, :3]
        R_object_local = EpipolarUtils.euler_to_rotation_matrix(eulerAngles)
        R_object_camera = initMat @ R_object_local
        R_object_external = R_camera_external @ R_object_camera
        external_euler_angles = EpipolarUtils.rotation_matrix_to_euler(R_object_external)
        return external_euler_angles

def rotate_points(points, center, euler_angles):
        roll, pitch, yaw=euler_angles
        R = EpipolarUtils.euler_to_rotation_matrix([roll, pitch, yaw])
        center = np.array(center).reshape(3, 1)
        rotated_points = []
        for point in points:
            point = np.array(point).reshape(3, 1)
            rotated_point = np.dot(R, point - center) + center
            rotated_points.append(rotated_point.flatten())
        return np.array(rotated_points)

def draw_euler_axes(img, origin, euler_angles, camera_matrix, distortion_coeffs, rvec, tvec, axis_length=0.2):
        axes_points = np.array([
            origin,
            origin + np.array([axis_length, 0, 0]),
            origin + np.array([0, axis_length, 0]),
            origin + np.array([0, 0, axis_length])
        ], dtype=np.float32)
        rotated_axes_points=rotate_points(axes_points, origin, euler_angles)
        points_2D, _ = cv2.projectPoints(rotated_axes_points, rvec, tvec, camera_matrix, distortion_coeffs)
        points_2D = np.round(points_2D).astype(int).reshape(-1, 2)
        axes_edges = [(0, 1), (0, 2), (0, 3)]
        axis_colors = [(0, 0, 255), (0, 255, 0), (255, 0, 0)]
        for i, edge in enumerate(axes_edges):
            pt1, pt2 = points_2D[edge[0]], points_2D[edge[1]]
            cv2.line(img, tuple(pt1), tuple(pt2), axis_colors[i], 2)

euler angles are a terrible idea.

nobody can ever agree on the order in which these rotations are composed or which axis is which.

just work with a rotation matrix, or an axis-angle encoding. misunderstandings are impossible with those.

Thank you very much by the suggestion. But I am quite stuck with Euler Angles because they are what is returned by WHENet… I guess working with rotation matrices or axis-angle would imply to convert Euler angles to one of these representation? Do you have any idea on how to do that?