OpenCV: not authorized to capture video (status 0), requesting

A little background -
I am using MacBook Pro 2021 model. I am working with an project using OpenCv.
I am using miniforge conda environment for installing my packages. I usually work on spyder IDE.

Issue with VideoCapture(0)-
Initially, when I installed opencv-contrib-python package I was able to work well with VideoCapture() function within spyderIDE, But now It shows the error - OpenCV: not authorized to capture video (status 0), requesting…

What Might be the possible problem. Can anyone help me

I’d say python isn’t authorized to capture video, and you should authorize it. that involves some settings in MacOS.

old issue: opencv 4.1.2 java Mac OpenCV: not authorized to capture video (status 0), requesting... · Issue #16255 · opencv/opencv · GitHub

other issue: OpenCV: not authorized to capture video (status 0), requesting... OpenCV: camera failed to properly initialize! Error · Issue #16706 · opencv/opencv · GitHub

macOS is complicated. people on stack overflow aren’t sure what exactly needs to be done: OpenCV command line app can't access camera under macOS Mojave - Stack Overflow

1 Like

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE

• I tried all the above possibilities, but still I couldn’t cope with the issue. I guess it is because of some security issues in mac.
  • But another catch is that, the program was initially running on spyder without any problem, but now only it is showing some problem like this.
  • The only thing I updated was conda I guess