Detect Mobile Game character image and associated power level and export data to excel

Hi guys, I’m looking for the best way to detect each character in a screenshot or image and then export the name of the character along with his/her associated power level to a spreadsheet.

Ex: Top Left character is Keira and power level 92,687

I just want to make sure I am not using a jackhammer to crush a walnut

welcome.

you aren’t the first with that task.

let’s say there are a number of different characters (let’s say 17 or something), and there are 10 fixed positions in your picture.

one can use matchTemplate for this… but don’t just run it on the whole picture. you know (you can predetermine) where every position is precisely. use one matchTemplate call on each character and position (crop an exact same size subregion from the big picture). that means 10 * 17 calls.

in each position, you check which character has the best matching score, and whether that score is good enough for an actual match.

I’d recommend TM_SQDIFF.

extracting the numbers means Optical Character Recognition (OCR). there are tons of recipes involving tesseract.

Thanks. Appreciate the help. Looks like I have my work cut out for me since there are 53 different characters lol.