Need guidance for my first drone related project that involves object detection and object tracking

I am a computer science student and I am more into programming. So for my semester project, our supervisor assigned me and my groupmates the task of developing object detection and tracking software for a drone. And the user should be able to control the selection of which object’s movement needs to be tracked through a mobile app, which we have to develop as well.
PS, I am planning to use the YOLOv8 algorithm.
I have never been into hardware that much, especially drones. Regarding this project, I am planning to buy a DJI Tello Drone which I will keep on testing.

Can anyone help me in guiding whether I should buy DJI Tello or any other drone(that is programmable in Python and doesn’t require much hardware engineering)? Plus, can anyone guide me by providing me with a clear guided approach for such a project?

That is either your advisor’s job or it’s your job as part of the course work that earns you the grade and the degree.

This is the OpenCV forum. We concern ourselves with computer vision. Product recommendations are out of scope.