VideoCapture "Changed waitThread to realtime priority!"

the video capture window shows three blue loading dots permanently, the terminal reads the following:

1. Changed waitThread to realtime priority! Asked for all format descriptions… Asked for all format descriptions… [setting] Setting kCMIODevicePropertyDeviceMaster to 1740 [setting] Setting kCMIOStreamPropertyFormatDescription Got new format : 1920x1080 Asked for all format descriptions… [setting] Setting kCMIODevicePropertyDeviceMaster to -1 [setting] Setting kCMIODevicePropertyDeviceMaster to 1740 [setting] Setting kCMIODevicePropertyDeviceMaster to -1 Asked for all format descriptions… [RemoteFrameSource] Releasing RemoteFrameSource

I’m on a mac and this only started being an issue after I recently updated, but there’s nothing else that I changed that instigated this. Please help! This is for my senior project!

what did you update, from what to what version? can you downgrade that?

what exactly do you do to reproduce this? please provide a minimal reproducible example.

please investigate all “permissions” stuff that MacOS requires.

investigate all available video devices. MacOS possibly provides more than just a webcam.

It was working on mac monterey 12.2.1, but I updated to 12.3.1. I’m currently backing up my mac and will try to downgrade after. I have no idea how to reproduce this. I’ve tried uninstalling opencv and reinstalling it, which was unsuccessful. Other opencv functions work, it’s just the videocapture that causes problems.