VTK Support missing?

Has VTK support been dropped? Whatever I specify for VTK_DIR results in “VTK_DIR-NOTFOUND”. The message from CMAKE is:

VTK is not found. Please set -DVTK_DIR in CMake to VTK build directory, or to VTK install subdirectory with VTKConfig.cmake file

I am pointing to the VTK build directory.

Bob Davies

maybe you will find an answer here

sturkmen - that post was so old I didn’t think it would be relevant but it proved to be useful in prompting me to look at the second half of the error message. The problem is that the VTK_DIR can ONLY point to the install directory. In the past, you could just point to the VTK Build directory as the message says. Here are the step-by-step instructions (just for my own notes, really):

1. Click on the Install project in VTK.sln and “Build Install” using the menus

2. cmake OpenCV again and set VTK_DIR to the location for the Build Install - c:\Program Files\VTK

3. Configure/Generate/Open Project and rebuild OpenCV.

4. check that it built by looking at the OpenCV/Build/Bin/Debug/opencv_viz*.dll

Thanks for your help…

1 Like

May be this post is old but I 'm still using it. If your cmake configuration is good you don’t need to change anything in visual studio lib or path
my cmake configuration gist:dd65f04b846a742c1457dbe5b1aa169d · GitHub