I’m trying to install OpenCV on my windows 10 machine for academic purpose. I have to follow an installation guide provided by my professor, that requires VisualStudio 2017 and Cmake. I have done literally any point of that guide, that I report -brielfy- here:
- Install VisualStudio 2017 and Cmake
- Download (from github) opencv-3.3.1 and opencv_contrib-3.3.1 and unzip them into a folder ‘source’ (created before together with another folder ‘build’ inside another folder ‘C:\workspace’)
- Use Cmake (Source code: …opencv3\source\opencv, where to build: opencv3\build). Generator: VisualStudio 15 2017 Win64.
- When Cmake finishes, look for “OPENCV_EXTRA_MODULES_PATH” and set it to your opencv_contrib/modules path.
Press Configure and then Generate
- Open the OpenCV.sln file with VisualStudio, change to Release the build type, then find the INSTALL project inside CMakeTargets folder and build it.
Now, I need to add to the environment variables a new variable OPENCV_DIR with value …\opencv3\build\install\x64\vc15
Now…the problem is that, inside the install folder, there’s NO x64 DIRECTORY, and I cannot find ANY vc15 DIRECTORY in the entire build folder… I really don’t know how to proceed, since I’ve been looking for a solution for at least 3 hours… Is there anyone that would kindly help me?
Thanks in advance (and sorry if I did s.thing wrong in creating the topic)