"Exposure Compensate" is throwing errors C4263/C4263

Hey guys! :slight_smile:

I’ve looked everywhere for an answer to this (here, Github, StackOverflow, asked ChatGPT4 extensively, etc.), but to no avail thus far.

I am building a plugin for the 3D software Cinema 4D in Visual Studio 2019. I want the plugin to make use of some of OpenCV’s functions to paste, rotate and scale a bitmap image. Pretty basic stuff.

Upon building my solution in VS, I get the following errors:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C4263 'void cv::detail::BlocksCompensator::feed(const std::vector<cv::Point,std::allocator<cv::Point>> &,const std::vector<cv::UMat,std::allocator<cv::UMat>> &,const std::vector<std::pair<cv::UMat,uchar>,std::allocator<std::pair<cv::UMat,uchar>>> &)': member function does not override any base class virtual member function plugin_alpha-v001 C:\opencv\build\include\opencv2\stitching\detail\exposure_compensate.hpp 190
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C4264 'void cv::detail::ExposureCompensator::feed(const std::vector<cv::Point,std::allocator<cv::Point>> &,const std::vector<cv::UMat,std::allocator<cv::UMat>> &,const std::vector<std::pair<cv::UMat,uchar>,std::allocator<std::pair<cv::UMat,uchar>>> &)': no override available for virtual member function from base 'cv::detail::ExposureCompensator'; function is hidden plugin_alpha-v001 C:\opencv\build\include\opencv2\stitching\detail\exposure_compensate.hpp 202

This is driving me a little nutty, especially because I can’t really make sense of the errors’ documentation : Compiler Warning (level 4) C4263 | Microsoft Learn

I have tried adding “#pragma warning(disable : 4263 4264)” at the top of my plugin’s header, and while this suppresses the errors and allows me to build the solution, once Cinema 4D opens, my plugin is not listed.

I have also tried lowering the “Warning Level” in my project’s properties, but the errors keep showing up.

I have spent quite some time trying to mess with the code in the problematic file (“exposure_compensate.hpp”), but thus far I haven’t succeeded in getting rid of the errors. Truth to be told, I am not sure what I’m doing. Plus, I don’t know if I should be messing with OpenCV’s files…?

Anyway :disappointed_relieved: This is quite a show-stopper and I don’t know if I should keep holding my breath as to whether I can solve this or not.

So, with that said, any guidance or help would be massively appreciated!

Thank you guys!! :pray:

I’m afraid I won’t be much help with this.

you should file an issue on opencv’s github. please work out a MRE so this issue is easy to reproduce for the core developers.

1 Like

Hey @crackwitz,

Thank you so very much. This is actually very helpful. I really appreciate it!

Thank you again!

There is no error building opencv using lastest version with VS2022
Which opencv version did you build?