I can't install face extra module in opencv

In my opencv sources modules folder I don’t have the face module, even after I configure the extra modules with the cmake gui.

So when I try to use the EigenfaceRecognizer of face module it gives me undefined error. Anyone know how can I handle this?

Hi,
Face module is in opencv_contrib. delete cmakecache and clone opencv_contrib and update opencv and start cmake gui again. You will have to give path to opencv_contrib modules

1 Like

I deleted the cmakecache but the problem still continues, there’s another way to install external modules in opencv manually?

Has something to do with java wrappers false at cmake gui?

Screenshot_1

There is no problem here except if you need java binding. Do you need java binding?
Show us full cmakeoutput

I think I don’t need java binding, I need only the face module to use Eigen and Fisher recognizers.

I have posted some prints of the output of cmake on imgur
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

There is no problem : build opencv

indeed.

your cmake screenshots say that the face module is among those “to be built”. you just haven’t done that (build OpenCV).

when you write your own programs, C++ or python doesn’t matter, you have no business being in the opencv/sources/modules directory. that directory stays as it is. configuring cmake to also use the contrib repo doesn’t change that.

@laurent.berger @crackwitz thanks for the answers, i don’t know exactly how to run the opencv build i went in this install and ran the command, but how can i know for sure that he installed the faces module for sure?

I’m running the opencv with the nodejs package opencv4nodejs and when I print the modules installed it doesn’t appears the face module.

Imgur: prints of the modules and install opencv

face examples should be in folder tools\opencv\build\install\x64\vc16\samples\face if you build opencv with sample

@laurent.berger Inside vc16 I don’t have samples.
Screenshot_1

You can use cmake gui to set BUILD_EXAMPLES

You must find opencv_face451.dll in bin folder

1 Like