Which camera / webcam is suitable for opencv projects?

hi :smiley:
Which camera / webcam is suitable for opencv projects?
For example for project 1 you need a webcam with these features, for project 2 this …
for this namespace [ DepthAI ] u need this webcam : OAK—D
for this namespace [ ??? ] u need this…

can you clarify that? can you give specific examples for “projects”?

I am a novice, I meant if someone is a professional, tell me that for project 1 you need a camera with specifications 1, for this model of projects, you need a camera with specifications 2 and… | so I can Get the most complete camera / webcam to fit any project, I no longer have to have multiple cameras / webcams.

that’s a nonsensical requirement. you should stop and think why you keep asking nonsensical questions. I get the impression that you are frustrated with OpenCV or this forum for some reason. adjust your expectations.

do you understand that the requirements determine what is “best”? different projects, different requirements.

unless you have infinite money for infinite research and development, good luck even theorizing about an “universally best” camera.

just get a sensible webcam and be done with it. anything that isn’t the absolute cheapest low-resolution no-brand garbage will probably be fine for most uses.

if you need something specific, like a stereo setup, go and buy that then. a stereo setup is good for stereo, but a waste for other stuff.

again, since you refuse to be specific, I can’t even give you more specific recommendations.

I hope you are dissatisfied with my answer because I am dissatisfied with your question.

1 Like